Friday 20 August 2010

A truly British Autumn

I know it's only August but after coming back from Spain on Monday it truly does feel like I've come back to October - only the lush greens of the trees everywhere are telling any different.
I have to admit though, I really am getting excited for a truly British autumn. I'm thinking walks in the countryside with falling leaves, keeping snug in a camel cape coat and treading through the earth in sheepskin boots (yes, I know, I am one of those awful Ugg lovers). I also want to glide through the packed London streets with a Paul Smith umbrella close to hand, this Burberry aviator jacket pulled tight around my shoulders (wishful thinking again I know).
Honestly, I'm getting a little bored of summer. This transitional dressing stage is awkward - because frankly, who knows what the weather is going to do these days. So until late September rolls around, I'll be curled up in some cashmere knits, clasping a steaming mug of Yorkshire tea, fingers crossed for a nice crisp Autumn.

PS - Saw these and nearly cried with joy. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment